Thursday, February 7, 2008

i'm a hungry monster

i have been super hungry all day. for whatever reason, i just want to eat and eat and eat some more. i think it's because yesterday i was off track and ate much more than i usually do. i always find the first day back on plan to be pretty difficult. i also seem to run into trouble around the third or fourth day of eating healthy. that just seems to be my time to snap. thank god for flex points. it's strange how eating more helps me control my binge eating. on second thought, i guess it makes sense. eat more = more energy = less cravings. hmmm... might have to dip into my flex points tonight.

so i wighted in today, and i was up to 147.1 lbs. not too bad, given that i ate a boatload of salt at dinner yesterday and my period is coming up (too much information?) haha, i guess you could say that i was proud of my 0.9 lb gain. i really think my goal for the rest of the semester should be to maintain my weight. i think focusing on lossing will just make me miserable: i'll either restrict myself too much, and get angry with myself for not enjoying my last few months here, or i'll give into my cravings, and be frustrated with myself for not sticking to my goals. so really, it's loose-loose. maintaining is the way for me right now.

i'm proud of myself for sticking to the goals i made last night. i had protein for breafast and i went to the gym with my roommate. i got in 35 minutes of intense cardio, but i didn't get in any weight training (my roommate drives me to the gym, so when it's time for her to go, it's time for me to go, too). oh well, tomorrow is another day.

this is what i've eaten so far today:
egg (2)
2 slices ww bread (1)
1 tbsp. sugar-free jam (0)
1/2 cup astro yogurt (1)
1/2 cup frozen raspberries (0)
chai tea (0)
1/4 cup silk light (0.5)

1 schoop whey protein (2)
1/2 tbsp. peanut butter (1)
1 cup silk light (1)

1 medium baked sweet potato (2)
1/2 cup amy's tofu chili (2)
1/2 cup eden's pinto beans (1)
cucumber slices

1 all bran bar (2)
1 source yogurt(1)
1/4 cup skim milk (0.5)
12 almonds (2)

i'm planning on having tuna lettuce wraps for dinner (3.5), with 1 cup campbell's gardenay squash soup (1.5). that leaves me with a few leftover points for snacks later tonight, as well as the 4 activity points i earned at the gym today.

No comments: