Wednesday, February 6, 2008

2nd time's the charm

this is the second blog that i've started in the past 2 months. the goal? to find an outlet for all of my stresses. sometimes i feel so overwhelmed with emotion that i just don't know what to do with it, so i eat. and i eat a lot. like today, for instance. i'm worried about my personal life, so what do i do? i go to the local lebanesse restaurant and order the biggest plate of hummus delicous-ness i can find on the menu. mmm. but if i'm being honest with myself, the pain that was there before my big meal is still there. nothing's changed, excpet the amount of sodium coursing through my veins.

i'm on weight watchers, and have been following the program on and off since last may. this past summer i lost about 10 pounds by tracking my points, not going over my weekly flex, and getting my exercise in. this school year has been a different story, however. i've put about 6 or 7 pounds back on, mainly from emotional eating. in retrospect, it's very frustrating. but at the time, i can't help but irrationally "rationalize" my decision. my favorite line right now is this one: "enjoy your last semester at university. you're graduating in 2 months!" no excuse. especially when it makes me feel like this.

i've taken some positive steps since my big dinner. in fact, i just got back from a 20 minute run on the treadmill in my building. it feels great. i wish i could have squeezed in 20 more minutes, but it closed at 11, and i only have so much sway with my landlord (and by so much sway, i really mean none at all).

my diet goal for tomorrow morning is to have some protein at breakfast. that means no cereal!

tentative menu for tomorrow:
egg (2)
2 slices ww bread (1)
1/2 cup plain yogurt (1)
1 tbsp. sugar-free jam (0)
1/2 cup frozen raspberries (0)
1/4 cup silk light (0.5)
chai tea (0)

my fitness goal for tomorrow is to go to the gym with my roommate. i want to get in at least 35 minutes on the eliptical and 20 minutes of weight training.

No comments: